Let’s play Petanque!
Welcome to Cobbetts Boules Club.Alison Stubbs, President
We play Petanque (also known as French Boules) all year round on our purpose-built terrains at Burridge Sports and Social Club near Southampton. New members are always welcome, from absolute beginners to seasoned champions. To find out more, click here.
|“From Monday 1 June, you can exercise or play sport in groups of up to six people from other households, but should only do so where it is possible to maintain a 2 metre gap from those you do not live with”|
|We are now able to have club sessions again on a Tuesday evening.|
This is subject to the following limitations and rules:
- The toilets can be accessed subject to a Cobbetts committee member being there to unlock. You must use the hand sanitiser before entering the building. All other parts of the building remain closed.
- The Cobbetts shelter and furniture are still out of bounds.
- Games of singles, doubles or triples are now permitted as long as a distance of at least 2m is maintained between all players (except those from the same household).
- Each player may touch only their own boules and other equipment.
- Plastic circles must not be used.
- Scoreboards should only be used with disposable markers. Plastic straws have been provided.
- All use of the site must comply with Government guidance for use of outdoor areas for recreation and exercise.
- Members are also expected to be aware of Petanque England guidelines.
- These Temporary playing rules will be displayed at the club.
Members are free to access the site with members of their household or with up to 5 players from outside their household at any other time if they wish to do so. If you unlock the gates please pull them closed behind you to deter public parking.
We have been asked by Burridge to make it clear that any misuse of this permission, or behaviour that contravenes Government guidelines, may result in the site again being closed to everyone.
So, stay safe, keep everyone else safe and enjoy, if you wish to, throwing those boules again!
Upcoming club matches
- None until further notice
Latest club news
- Tuesday, January 28th
Terry wins club night melee. Results
- Sunday, December 15th
Steve Daykin wins Cobbetts Christmas Cup melee. Robin and Viv share Curry Cup for best newcomers
- Sunday, December 8th
Dave wins SCPA Melee held after the AGM